Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom with four fantastic little ladies. I am Canadian but immigrated to the US almost 2 years ago. My family is my world, outside of that there isn't much to tell. I love Jesus, snow storms, warm blankets, cooking and baking, writing, trilogies, Jim Henson anything, sudoku, board/video games and being organized. Random I know but it sums me up best.

19.1.11

More Funny Business

February 9th-

Bath time-
I was filling the tub with lots of warm water and bubbles for a filthy Bella. Addisyn saw the bubbles and wanted in too. This wasn't a big deal so I told her just wait til I got the tub all ready. I put Bella's tub ring in and called to Daddy to bring in the baby. When he came he put the baby in then pulled her right back out exclaiming that the water was too hot. I said that it wasn't and had tested it over and over with my hands my elbows the whole nine yards of bath water testing. lol. I put lots of cold water in just to please him and in walks Emma. She put her little hand in the water as if she would settle the matter. She looks up at me and says "He's right Momma that is hot!" I gave her a hard narrowed eyed stare and she pats my hand and says 'Its okay you can be right tomorrow!"


February 11th-

Bath time-
Another bath time tale...last night I put the girls in the tub with a stern warning to NOT GET WATER EVERYWHERE. They love to play for a little while in the tub with all their pirate ships and ducks so I always let them but they splash so much I have to wear hip waders just to get in to wash them up. lol. So I told them if they got water all over the floor they would be in trouble. (Idle threats I know, but sometimes they work). I come in a few minutes later to find, of course, the bathroom soaked. Emma looks up with a huge smile and says "Sorry we didn't obey, it was an accident." I said in my best big momma voice 'Do you know what happens to little girls who disobey?' Addi looks up and shrugs her shoulders and I said again 'Do you know what happens to little girls who disobey?' With those blue eyes just dazzling Addi says 'Nothing!!" Emma shakes her head then hangs it low and says so sadly "Nope, a butt whipping" HA! I hid my smile and let them off with a warning.

February 12th-
Noon-
Emma walked into the kitchen asking for a snack and I was putting dishes away so I pointed to the oven and said "lunch is cooking." She didn't like the idea of waiting. You see Emma is my sweetheart but she also is very impatient and quite greedy at times, so I've been trying to teach her to be patient and thankful. When she started to complain I said "Did you know Emma there are some little girls and boys who won't have any lunch today because their parents don't have any food to give them. You need to be thankful that we have food." She looked up with these big sad eyes and I thought I may got through to her and she says in a very sad low tone (not snotty at all) "Some little girls can't wait for lunch to come out of the oven, did you know that?" I simply smiled and said lunch will be ready soon.

Bath time-
Again, its bathtime, she must get inspired in the tub I'm not sure. But anyways, I gave my usual 'don't splash around warning' and moments later my bathroom is submerged. So Emma wouldn't sit down and she soaked me this time and I said (not in my nicest tone) "Emma sit down you aren't a frigging seal!" She looks up at me and said "What's a frigging seal?" I calmed myself and explain what a seal was. I turned to go out and put the sopping towels in the hamper and she said (to Addi this time) "I don't want to be a frigging seal, I want to be a big duck!"


February 13th-

I was doing some much needed primping this particular afternoon and sitting next to me on the couch was Emma. I was plucking my eyebrows and when I thought I had got them just the way I wanted I looked at Emma and said "What do you think?" Her honest answer was "You should keep going they still look angry to me."  So I keep going to give them a softer curve. lol


Bedtime-

We were getting the girls ready for bed and I couldn't find Addisyn, so I went on the mad dash to find her and then I heard water running. It freaked me out for a second but when I flung the bathroom door open and found her on her step-stool in front of the sink I calmed down. I actually had a good laugh because she was standing there yelling "You stop! Stop! Water Stop!" She had the faucet on washing her hands and couldn't figure out how to turn it off and thought telling it to stop would work. Luckily I got there when I did because it was half an inch from over flow!


I had the girls in bed and nursing Bella to get her to sleep and she was just about out, eyes closed, snoring softly then she suddenly sits straight up looks me square in the eye and lets out the biggest raspberry and instantly collapses back into my arms and goes to sleep. It was so comical but I didn't dare bust out laughing in fear of waking her up.


February 20th-

8:30am-
Addisyn was on the potty and I was sitting on her footstool next to her (coaching her) and she was saying that I had lips and she would point to mine then she had lips and she would point to hers. Then she went to the nose, ears, eyes and then ran her finger across my eyebrows and I said "Eyebrow" and she felt her faced and screamed and said "I can't find mine!" She makes me laugh.

3:45pm-
I hadn't been feeling well so Emma and Addi thought they should 'doctor me up'. I laid on the couch as they covered me up with a blanket, gave me a pillow and a stuffed animal to cuddle. Emma placed her wide headband over my eyes so the light wouldn't bother me (she does this herself almost every night, light or no light). So they worked on me with all their doctor set stuff checking my temp. and listening to my heart. Then suddenly I felt a sharp stabbing pain in my forehead and yelled out. I pulled the headband down and no word of a lie the first thing I see is Addi with a big smile, a hand saw (toy of course) in one hand and a hammer in the other and she let out this big "Muahahahahaha" laugh (its her new thing) and Emma was up at my head with her screwdriver taking the screws out of my head. lol. I said "Oh my you are cruel" Emma answered "That's cause we are evil doctors, bet you wish you had good nurses now!" I laughed so hard. They kinda went about doing a few things and then Emma listens to my heart and says very straight-faced "I hate to be so serious but there is darkness in your heart." I'm getting a second opinion!


March 2nd-

The other day Emma was trying to console Addisyn about her potty training telling her that big girls used the potty. Addi seemed to take it all in and actually told us all day on Sunday when she needed to use the potty with minimal accidents. So on Monday when Addi had decided she had enough with the potty I said "Emma you should go talk to Addi again about using the potty." Emma thought it was her big sisterly duty to do so and off she went. She sat Addi down and said "Addi you need to use the potty like me, big girls don't poop or pee in a pull-up, oh and one more thing (in her best Thumper voice) 'If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." I think she is picking up on my tricks to insert ideas whenever and wherever possible.


March 4th-
Emma just walked up to me and says "Momma I have to tell you something' as if she would burst if she didn't say it right then. I said "What is it Em?" With the biggest wide eyed stare she could give me she says 'Last night I found a FREE Walmart!" lol She knew this would interest me, that's my girl.

March 8th-

I was cuddling Addi and Bella on my bed and I asked Addi for a kiss. She instantly said no so I pretended to cry and she says 'Oh don't cry Momma, dont' cry' and leaned over and gave me a kiss. Worked! Then I asked Bella for a kiss and she just looked at me like I was nuts, so I gave the big fake cry again and she bent over to me and took her tiny little fingers and pinched my lips closed as if to say 'that's enough Momma.'


March 10th-

6pm-
We were in the van driving home from Walmart and Emma asks why the snow isn't melting. And I said "Oh its melting honey see all the big puddles.' She then asked how it was melting and I told her that the sun was melting it. She was so happy she looks out the window and says 'Oh thank you, you big good golden sun!" This morning she jumped out of bed ran to the window and said "Is the snow all gone?" Someone is a little excited for spring to get here.

8pm-
Bella is a year old now and has only said "Mama" once, on her birthday. Last night Bob and her were sitting in the rocking chair and he asked me to get him something for the baby and I (sitting on FaceBook) said 'Yup just a minute', well a few minutes past and he said "Ang could you get me, whatever it was, and I said "yup just a minute' again he says "Ang" a few more times, I was a little preoccupied but intended to get it. Then all of a sudden Bella yells "An..An...An...' couldn't get the G out but I knew what she was doing. And it worked too cause it got me on my feet pretty fast.

March 12th-

Play date-
Normally my notes are only about my girls but this is a note from play date that couldn't be left unwritten. Once a week we have play date with anywhere from 5 to 10 kids, usually all girls. We play, we eat, we fight, we laugh, we just have a good time together. The kids love to get together as much as the grown ups. So the other day two of the girls, PJ and Alyia got into a little scuffle, and PJ ended up giving Alyia a little love tap hurting Alyia's feelings. Momma P corrected PJ and made her apologize, PJ looks at Alyia with these big puppy dog eyes and says "Sawwry." No response. Again she says "Sawrry." Still no response and she looks up at us and says "It's not working!" We laughed so hard and long that the fight was forgotten and all was happy again. :)

7:30pm-
We were all sitting in the living room watching a movie and the power started to flicker. Well it started to do it every 30 seconds resetting everything every time it flickered. Bob and I jumped up to unplug everything and get ready in case we totally lost power. Afterwards we were all on the couches trying to find something to do that didn't require power. So we made up a little game of sing song, well we all sang little tunes and the girls were just loving it, then it was Emma's turn. She started with 'Jesus loves the little children' when she got to the red, yellow, black and white it came out 'Red and Black and white and stripped.' LOL I laughed so hard I didn't hear the rest. Guess she's learned a thing or two from Daddy when it comes to parody songs. :)

March 15th-

Momma's Birthday-
We were getting ready for church and talking about my birthday when I asked Emma how old she thought I was...her response..."Seven!" The wrinkle cream must be working.

11am-
We were in church, worship service and our pastor had been speaking on healing and the different ways of healing. Emma had a scratched her eczema open that morning and I had put a band-aid on it. After listening intently to pastor she walks over to me, hands me her band-aid and says "God healed me I don't need this!" That must be why he tells us to come as little children, they just believe.

March 16th-

The girls wanted a movie on so I obliged and put one in, using the Xbox 360 I needed the remote to make it start and couldn't find it.  I looked everywhere and said "Where is that remote, I can't find it" Emma comes out with the solution "Mommy maybe you are just getting old!" That's the birthday wish I didn't want, thanks Em!


March 26th-

We had made our second trip to Montreal for immigration. After many hours of driving and kids fighting we were finally driving in silence for a few minutes. Emma lets out a big sigh and with her head in her hands says 'Will we ever get out of this French world?' Her frustration gave us a good laugh.


Later on that day-

We stopped in River-du-Loop for a well needed Walmart break and found lots of good deals. However, Emma seen the movie Bolt sitting on the shelf and asked if we could buy it. Well the cover was totally in French and I wasn't sure if the movie was French with English subtitles. So just to make sure I told Emma that we would wait til we got back home just in case it was in French. She said 'Oh its ok I can speak Spanish (then super fast said) 'habla, habla, habla'. Gotta love Dora!

One day Emma was asking me the same question over and over and the answer was always no. So she was yelling Momma? and I would answer NO, back and forth back and forth Momma, NO Momma, NO finally Emma says "Ahh you are annoying me!" and she wasn't being mean but it was so funny how it came out of her it took all I had not to laugh and say "Don't say that to Momma...' ...with a big grin on my face.


Emma decided that we needed a potty chair in our room and I just ignored her about it and brought it back down to the bathroom when she wasn't looking. When she saw that it was back down she said
"Momma we need that in our room' and I told her we didn't that it belonged in the bathroom. Then she replied with 'Momma when I gotta pee I gotta pee!"


*We have decided that after living in Canada for five years we were going back to the US where my husband is from.  The process took another year.  Spring of 2009 we made the move to Wisconsin.

Since we haven't bought a house yet we are staying with my in-laws.  We are so thankful and it was great but presents one problem...Emma listens to EVERYTHING Natalee (my 8 year sister in law) says. Tuesday night Emma and Natalee are in the bathroom. Emma yells for me, I walk in to find her sitting on Addi's potty with (picture this it will make it much funnier) white dress gloves up to her arm pits and a wand in her hand. The look on her face was sheer horror. Emma says 'Momma there was this green powerful goo that got on a baby and killed it a year ago. True story!' I then look to Natalee who was standing by the sink and she nonchalantly says "Its the Swine Flu, I heard it on the news." And tosses her braid over her shoulder like she was 35. Then the rest of the night Emma kept sneaking to the bathroom to SCRUB her hands cause 'Natalee says if I don't wash good I could get the Swine Flu and die!!" I laughed and grumbled over this one.


May 12th-
Bella was walking up a storm by now and new sounds are coming out of her everyday. Well this morning I was holding her on my lap sitting in the living room with Gramma and Grampa, and Bella bends way over with my arm around her waist. Just as she bends she lets out a huge toot and she stays bent over and says real low and long 'Uh---Oh" It was so super funny. Even my baby is funny.

May13th-

Being at my in-laws house there is so much for the girls to explore and find new things. This particular day Emma says 'Momma come here I need to show you something, BUT you can't say 'that's dangerous'". I giggled to myself and said "Okay show me." She takes me to the staircase and grabs the banister and swings her legs around it and hangs upside down. Emma squeals "Isn't this cool? Don't say its dangerous!!" I said "Yes that's cool but you might break it so you need to get down.' See I didn't say it was dangerous. lol

May14th-
My Emma is a night hawk and not at all an early bird. Being in a new place they are all totally off their schedule. So I went to make Emma get out of bed and no way was she wanting to comply. I kept shaking her and saying "Emma gotta get up." Instead of saying anything she simply, with eyes still closed held up one finger as if to motion 'just one more minute.' I didn't give up though. Finally she speaks 'Momma get outta my bed.' 'Emma this isn't your bed, this is the futon, get up.' 'Fine Momma if this isn't your bed then why don't you go lay on your bed and stop bothering me!" I had a good long laugh and then stood up and literally dragged her out of bed. lol She's so funny.

May 15th-

Bedtime-
We stayed up a little late watching movies so then the girls wanted to sleep in Gramma's bed and Addi really had good intentions to do so but alas 30 minutes later she was back. After reading three stories I made her lay back and closed her eyes while I told her a story.  I decided to tell her about Noah and the Ark. I sometimes go a little overboard with the story telling and get into it a bit. Addi is intently listening and taking in all about the flooding of the earth when I said 'The Lord shut the door and it started to drip drip drip, listen (oh it just happened to be raining hard) hear it?" Addi jumps up and says 'Oh Momma I'm scared. It rain." So I had to calm her down and reassure her that God promised to never flood the earth again. She accepted it and laid back down. But it really made me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment