Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom with four fantastic little ladies. I am Canadian but immigrated to the US almost 2 years ago. My family is my world, outside of that there isn't much to tell. I love Jesus, snow storms, warm blankets, cooking and baking, writing, trilogies, Jim Henson anything, sudoku, board/video games and being organized. Random I know but it sums me up best.

19.1.11

A New Year of Mayham

The New Year brings new funnies.  It never seems to end at our house, but that's what makes it ours.  They may be nuts but I love them.  Have a laugh.

January 2nd-

Addi comes out crying and through her sobs I translate that Emma has hit her. When I ask Emma if this was true her response was "Hit Addi? me? Probably...yeah...I did." I think she thought she would lie about it to avoid any punishment but her conscience got to her.

January 3rd-

Today was Emma's birthday! She turned four and we let her pick out whatever she wanted to wear, whatever she wanted to eat, everything was her choice. Her party is next Saturday so we were trying to make it a big day for her cause there was no party but she knew that it was her birthday. So we pampered her all day, and her Nanny and Papa and Chloe came up, it was a great day. So after everyone left and Addi and Bella were sleeping we made a big 'bed' on the floor in the middle of the living room. Bob, Emma and I all curled up and cuddled and watched a movie. I said to Emma "So was this a great birthday?" she answered "Yeah I LOVED it, I think I'll have another one tomorrow!" So I guess we did alright.


January 12th-

Breakfast-
I was giving the girls their bowls of cereal and said "Bon Appetit." Ever inquiring Emma says "What does that mean?" I told her it was enjoy your food in french. She says "Oh ok, thank you." I say "Say 'Merci beaucoup'" then she asks "What's 'Mary Go Poop'?" I tried to conceal my laughter so she wouldn't think I was laughing at her attempt and said "'Merci beaucoup' means thank you very much in french.' She replies in a very chipper manner "Oh, well, Mary Go Poop to you!" She'll be bilingual any day now.


Janury 15th-

I was washing the dishes when Emma walks into the kitchen and announces that Addisyn has pooped and I need to change her. I thanked her for letting me know and was finishing what I was washing and drying my hands and asked Emma to grab me a diaper. Her, being the laziest of my children, came up the excuse of "Momma I can't right now, I have the hiccups!"


January 21st-

Bedtime- Normally all my stories are funny but this one is just adorable. So this year I had made a plan (not resolution, cause I won't do it if I put that formal title on it) to pray more with the girls to try and teach them more about prayer. So I say their prayers with them and then I pray for them. I usually hug them or snuggle close in their beds when I do this. So this night I started with Addisyn and then over to Emma. Now these prayers are full of purpose, teach them to pray, the importance of prayer, and also to try and slip in a few 'momma-minded convictions' for my tots.  So I said Emma's prayers then I prayed for her on this particular sassy day; "Lord help her to be the best little girl she can be and not sass her momma or daddy, and help me to be the best mommy I can be..." I continued to pray a little more and as soon as I had finished Emma put her hands on my arms and pulled back, so to be able to fully see me (real grown-up like) and said 'But momma you ARE the best mommy in the world and daddy is the best daddy....he is pretty cool too.' I just melted into her arms and had no words to tell her how happy she had made me, sassy day or not.


January 24th-

Supper time-
This weekend we went down to my parent's to visit. While having supper with my parents, niece and sister, Emma was full of....well Emma.  Emma loves her aunt Heidi, and of course Heidi torments her and they laughs and fight (lovingly) back and forth. So at supper Heidi was teasing her and Emma says "You know Heidi, you are making the devil happy!"  We all had a good laugh but Heidi didn't back down and Emma says "Yup, you're going to be the devil's wife someday!" Honest I didn't teach her to say that, I promise! And I did scold her but after laughing at her it was hard to do.


January 26th-

Bath time-
I had put the girls in the tub tonight and was letting them play for a little while when I heard Addi yell, I ran in to find that she had JUST pooped in the tub. I pulled them both out and Emma says "What? Why are you taking us out?" While I was explaining that Addi pooped in the tub and I had to get them out and clean the tub before they could get in again (shower the second time, lol) she was watching me take the toys out and she yells (almost in a slow-motion sort of way) "NO TOYS, DON'T GO INTO THE POOP!" Funny part was she was dead serious not trying to be funny at all.

Bedtime-
I was getting the girls ready to get into bed and quietly asked Bob if he would like to play a game of Parcheesi when they were asleep. Emma bolts across the house and says with an excited tone "I'll play 'Oh Cheesy'."

January 27th-

6 o'clock news-
Tonight I had the news on while getting supper ready and Emma comes into the kitchen in tears and gasping for breath she was so upset. I went to comfort her and asked "What's wrong?" Through sobs she said "That poor woman has nothing." I didn't quite understand until I looked at what she was pointing to, a story in the news about a building with 11 people in it that had burned down. She was crying still saying "Her house caught fire and she doesn't have anything anymore." It was really sweet that she was so concerned.


January 28th-

Suppertime-
This note is about my silent genius Addisyn. Although she doesn't talk as much or as clear as Emma she is just as smart. She knows how to get exactly what she wants and if she can't trick you into it she will charm you into it. Last night during supper, linguine, they were told they could have a special treat Daddy bought if they ate ALL their supper. Addisyn loves noodles but loves treats more. So the girls were sitting across from each other at their picnic table and eating along happily and quickly. I was surprised to see how quickly Addisyn was getting through her plate of noodles, so I stopped to quietly watch her for a second. Then I saw her masterminded plan, she would pick up the noodles, lick them clean and drop them on Emma's plate when she wasn't looking. It was SO funny because she thought she was undetected and poor Emma thought she was never going to get her treat. So I fixed up Emma's plate to be just her noodles and afterwards we all had a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment