Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom with four fantastic little ladies. I am Canadian but immigrated to the US almost 2 years ago. My family is my world, outside of that there isn't much to tell. I love Jesus, snow storms, warm blankets, cooking and baking, writing, trilogies, Jim Henson anything, sudoku, board/video games and being organized. Random I know but it sums me up best.

16.2.11

A Different Kind Of Story

I know all of my posts are about the craziness of my kids.  They are stories that are true blue daily occurrences.   I really love writing these stories but I also love to write other kinds of stories.  I have written a few short children's books.  No one has ever read them but I would like a little feedback.  I think.  I'm a little nervous but I'll start with my shortest.  Its a very short, young children's book.  With a deep breath here it goes....eeek!  Be gentle with the well welcomed feedback. 


MAGIC KISSES

My Daddy has magic kisses you see,
I know because one day I fell and scraped my knee.
He picked me up and held me tight
Then kissed my scrape with all his might.
With a smile he said "Is it okay?"
And just like that the pain went away.

Another day I bumped my head.
A big kiss, a hug and a book we read.
Suddenly I didn't feel sad,
In fact my head didn't even feel bad.

I seem to get hurt a lot,
When putting on my shoes, I ran but forgot.
Tripping over my laces that were untied.
Big tears came that I just couldn't hide.
Daddy came running and wrapped me in his arms.
At the touch of his kiss I knew there was no harm.

So you see no matter what bruises or bumps come my way
Daddy's magic kisses blow them away.


~A.Meydam

5 comments:

  1. awww, that's so sweet : ) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, very sweet. I am glad I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone, I've revised it to flow better. I'm compiling a book of all my little poems and stories for the girls to enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete